Your relationship may have been great at one point, but now you are sensing something is way off and it is nagging you. He just doesn’t seem to care about you the way he did once. True, it could be a job or financial stress but it could also be that he doesn’t love you anymore.
Men don’t often share their feelings and somethings they don’t come right out and say it for several reasons. The primary reason they keep these types of things bottled up is that they aren’t ready to let go. This can be especially true if you are married or living together because that would mean they would likely be the one moving out. That could upset life financially, with any children involved, and logistically as they would then have to find a place, do household chores they don’t normally do, and be alone for a while.
Sometimes, men will hold back until they get a plan in place that provides them with as little disruption as possible. That could mean arranging to move in with a friend, finding an apartment, or even having a new girlfriend.
Here are 10 signs that indicate he doesn’t love you anymore:
- He stops communicating. This is as much in a physical sense as in an emotional sense. He doesn’t text you anymore and doesn’t call you. He seems annoyed when you call him and doesn’t return texts quickly. Your phone calls go into voice mail.
- He is critical of you. Nothing you do seems to be right anymore. He doesn’t like the way you dress or keep up with chores or really anything. It could be that he goes even further into a more abusive relationship where he embarrasses you in front of others or compares you to other women. He also seems to angry easily and is rude.
- He no longer does anything for you. He used to do special things for you, but now he only does things out of obligation. He may give you a birthday card or flowers on Valentine’s but there isn’t any real emotion behind any of it.
- He doesn’t want to spend time with you. He either works late or wants to spend his weekends with his guy friends at sporting events, playing golf, or at a bar. This is a sure sign he no longer considers you a worthy way to spend time.
- The sex is gone. Men always want sex, even if it isn’t as interesting as it once was. If he is no longer seeking you out for sex, it means he is moving on and looking elsewhere. He may be getting it elsewhere too.
- You are ignored. It is as if you don’t exist. You two seem to be living separate lives even if you are living together. Along with that, he won’t ask you to do things for him anymore but rather do it himself. This can be cooking a meal, laundry, or ironing his clothes.
- He isn’t involved in your life. Your hobbies no longer interest him and he no longer wants to spend time with your friends and family. It’s like nothing about you interests him anymore.
- He becomes secretive. Once he stops loving you, he may be finding other interests. That could include friends or potential love interests so he will do everything to keep all his activities secret. This includes hiding his phone, changing his computer passwords, and even hiding some things on social media.
- He lies. One sure way to know he’s lost the loving feeling is if he lied to you. He may say he’s out with friends but his friends say there are no plans. He may say he wasn’t out drinking, but it is obvious he was. He may say he is texting an old high school friend but doesn’t want you to see it. When a man lies, he is clearly over you.
- He stops saying “I love you.” While this is the last on this list, this is usually the first obvious clue. He also stops kissing you bye, wanting to cuddle on the couch, and doesn’t hug you anymore.
While it may hurt you to know he doesn’t love you anymore, it is important to recognize the problem so you aren’t taken off guard should he break it off. You could also do some preventive work by addressing these things with him. If he realizes you aren’t into the waiting game until he has his life in order, he may decide it would be better to work things out with you.
Talking to him about it may also give him an opening to express what he is feeling. If he does, it could signal that your relationship is reparable.