Though it may be fun, you do not have to be between the sheets to be intimate with a partner. Check out the following list to get some fun ideas for ways to be intimate without the bed.
- Share Music – Music can connect the soul. From the melodies to specific lyrics, music awakens the spirit and helps you connect with loved ones. Create weekly playlists for each other and include a few romantic songs or sensual musical ballads. Send these one by one during the day or week. This exchange may be simple, but it will deepen your bond and leave your feeling all warm and loving as you listen.
- Praying – It only takes a few seconds each day to stop and pray together or for one another when you are apart. Pray in a specific or vague manner, whatever you feel led to do. This simple, small act can be highly meaningful in your relationship.
- Puzzles – Stimulating one another’s minds through working on puzzles can be fun and an intimate experience. Whether you are huddled over a table working on a jigsaw puzzle or cozied up to one another to do a crossword, get close through problem solving.
- Wash Each Other’s Hair – This is a very intimate and relaxing experience and there is none better. This leaves you both comfortable and vulnerable with each other. It will be highly rewarding.
- Cook Together – Spice up your relationship by spicing up your food and cooking together. Work side by side to create a romantic meal and then feed one another.
- Staring Contest – We all did this as a kid, but it is also great for your relationship. Look deep into each other’s eyes and do not stop until someone breaks. Look at your partner on a deep level as a way to build attraction for one another. Make it a little more fun by saying the one who blinks first, cooks dinner.
- Visit a Museum – Spend the afternoon at a museum together. Taking part in the arts and cultures of others can help you bond in a new and interesting way.
- Write Love Letters – While a sweet or appreciative text is great, taking the time to write out a handwritten card or note is much better. Do not tell your partner it is coming and make it totally random. Hold nothing back as you express your love and watch your partner light up as they read it.
- Create Art Together – This can be attempted in several ways. Try out a couple’s art class or simple buy some supplies and create something together to display in your home. Make something visually stimulating to recharge your natural connection.
- Host Something – Plan and host a small event with mutual friends. Do this in a way you both love and that shows you can work together as a team, even when things are a little stressful. It will make you want each other more.
- Indulge in Favorites – If your partner likes to hike, go with them. If they love to antique, take part. Let the experience of something your partner loves become something you can enjoy together from time to time. Learning about what your partner loves can change a relationship for the better and create wonderful new memories.
Intimacy is about being close, not just about having sex. Take a chance and try one or all of the things on the list and note how close you feel to your partner.